Shortly after my last post on how excited I was that Eva is a Trybe girl , It hit me that they had swiftly terminated her contract in less than six months. It left me speechless, as per Schweppes??
And as far as their press statement reason is concerned, I just think they were not satisfied with the fact that she probably wasn't having as many studio sessions as they would have liked, not having served crowd movers as as result. (As a law student, your first acquired skill is to sift through flowery language and get out the damn point yo! :p)
I was first going to have a nice rant about the whole thing. But thanks to the brother, I had a good convo about it, cleared my head and thought about the following
- The transience of life, opportunity.
- How quick it is to agree to something which seems nice.
- The Constancy of change.
- The fact that in every craft, especially in music, good does not always mean the best for YOUR growth- as an artiste. (To other readers, adaptation to your job, profession, course, friendships, relationships, etc will not be a bad idea.)
- All that glitters...
- Opportunity comes but once and time does not wait. Do what you can when the time presents itself. We only wait to bury someone and even then, time does not stand still for those who will.
- For most of us, the bigger piece of meat is always the most desirable until we bite into a bone. Be watchful. It isn't just when going into a business that we must do this but in relationships, friendships, jobs even in answering questions. Watch, listen to those who have been there first. Hear not only what is said but incline your ear to what is not said for in unspoken words lie the secrets of life.
- The only thing that is constant in life is change. The fact that certain people may not be by our side may just mean that they were not meant to continue with us on our journey. Regret Nothing.
- The fact that certain people, groups or firms may seem good for our growth in whatever it is that we do (music as an example) does not mean that they are the right people for the craft that we have. We must find ourselves and make sure no one can make us change more than is healthy for what we do.
- IS NOT GOLD.
After all, we can (all) do it (better ) with one more try.
Thank you 'Dre'.