Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The begining of the End

Just before dawn. Hilton  Le Meridien.  Wedding morning...The player always hangs his boots up for the right one. This has to be the one. The Reawakening was awesome...Yes, I know she called it such that it seemed like we had never touched heaven together with both our hands. *Shaking my head and smiling*But this was different...Since our first time, everything seemed to be happening so fast that I guess it was more of let’s make the family happy...Smile, you go and finish Law school, pick up the stuff we must do...I miss you baby...ciao---Absolutely no intimacy. At all. I know it hurt her but her love for me kept her stronger than she felt. You know the saying the spirit is willing...It was...And it was stronger than the excruciating pain she had to endure knowing that she could give anything to ensure that she was in my arms. But both our parents decided that we had to stay apart until she   finished; and when we were together it was to be in their presence except when we were invited out by our friends and even then we had a squeaky-clean image to protect. Until now, 12th of July. The Sun fell upon the dome of the Central Mosque. The water glistened-Cl additives and all. Just as I greeted dawn, my phone rings. “Morning baby...It’s finally here. I’m overjoyed.”  We both let out a giggle. Let’s let the train in and get dressed. See you at 11am. I love you.
A little after dawn. Unlike most brides-to-be I Turned my room into a music Shack...All Choc City’s greatest hits, with a sprinkle of Weezy and damn I felt like I was a spruced sweet-riding mustang with Alloy Pirellis   was playing when I rang Femi to remind him that I was on his side.
A leopard never loses his spots but years, experience, responsibility and just the right person give reason to be tame...

A Wanger Ayu Victorian Style tube Wedding dress.  Silver F. Pinet flats with a matching Diamond-set Clutch. Bridal colours-Blue and Silver.
Dressed. I just sent everyone on their way. Since I do not believe that glancing at my love is bad luck, I left my Suite to catch a glimpse of my Knight in shining armour before the wedding. Was I asking for too much? Saw him leave for the church in Maitama. Then I asked myself if I was as ready as he was. I thought too soon. I saw Eno brandishing a pistol slyly as he walked past a few people on my floor. I hid behind a bodyguard of a guest at the hotel. I asked him who he worked for when I had felt relatively safer. He said Justice Tai Oyeyemi and that he had come to secretly(at least until now) protect me. I told him I was hiding-to which he said he knew and he had asked the plain clothed-police men to accost him and handle it. Yay...I think I would love to be in a family that have me covered. *Smile* I hugged him with joy and joined the others in the Limo.

Before the worst things happen we taste the best things...and the worst is that it isn’t always death that makes us cold...Sometimes we jump before we can truly Stand. And the excruciating pain numbs our Spirits.






For me.

No comments:

Post a Comment