Sunday, February 6, 2011

What ever will be...

The car stopped outside my door, powered off and we got out. Femi gestured for a hug which I walked into with a tad of caution. If I had not held his right hand in a clasp and stayed silent after a while, he would have been of the impression that I was one of such young ladies now popularly referred to as “Kele”. He was as sensitive to this as he was to my inability to respond to his note. He whispered that he was patient, would wait till I knew that I was ready and gave me a somewhat benevolent peck on the forehead and walked me up the stairs. “Have lovely night Angel”, he said as he reluctantly let my left hand out of his grip...

                                                                 *****
A still knock on my room door brings me back to the present...”Come in”. Mum walks into my room with a solitary pair of red and white roses in hand. “These are for you my dear child”, She says. Attached to them was a note made out like it were a royal parchment with “Dana O.” written in bold Italic handprint with metallic blue ink. It was something only Femi could do, although at this time, this had become something of revelry, with work and the guys taking so much of his time that it was just our love and our silent or understated acknowledgement of it that kept or restarted the fire of the first real mature love I had ever felt. I took a quick glance at my phone only to discover that he had replied my text...An early Wedding present  D...wait for it...I care...even now. Yes this was really his text. A seemingly unemotional affirmation of his presence was all he gave. Now, then, all the time...When did this even start? I unrolled the paper all rolled up elaborately for my entertainment and my heart stopped. This epistle before my eyes brought a tear near.

Brighten my life was all I asked,
I vividly recall when I look to the past
But right now you have become my all.
Even when you let my heart take a bad fall; it is always only for a bit.
You take me so high I forget I have feet
Gravity is but powerless to your love.
...
                                                             Even in Silence I hear your heart beat--------------
Faster...Stronger...Breathing Louder.
Gasp. Gasp, Shudder...High pitched Whisper
Damn I know I want this forever
Even as a revelry.

What will it be Dana?
We still have time...
“Love Me”
x






No comments:

Post a Comment