Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The sting of venom

The thing about pictures is; they make a moment last a lifetime...but lifelessly.
That’s why beauty is like a picture...fading seems as certain as the glorious moon for the scorching sun that births a new day.

In life we search for a brighter day...
When we can find it by looking the other way...

So I said yes. Finished Irish Law at the Kings’ Inn. I’m in Abuja. Nigerian Law School. Prepping to become the senior associate partner at Tai Oyeyemi & sons. Daddy Tai Tai had a son. Femi. He had prayed for many sons when he started the firm but The Lord gave him one seed that he loved with all his heart at the beginning of his old age and at the Zenith of his fame as a Legal practitioner. He had inculcated Femi with a love for the Law which grew to surpass his as he advanced in years. Daddy had just given us the firm as an engagement present. “So Law School would be fun”, I thought as the chauffeur drove into Asokoro. He also gave us seven properties in my maiden name, for legal reasons, in places he knew we would love- two in Lagos, one in Abuja, which was my destination. One in Kaduna, One in Asaba, and two in Oyo. I had agreed to a name change ahead of the wedding to aid me take up the place assigned to me as I was now a fresh but seasoned lawyer as my transcripts had read. 

Femi was to come over in 12 hours. That meant I had to cook for him ahead of time. I had been accustomed to living on pasta, rice, Indomie noodles and peppered snail for the last 3 months through the final part of Law school....switching to just noodles for the dress I had bought to wear to see Daddy Tai Tai to have a certain fit and it had worked, but after that I had feared the kitchen as I had become hungry for some food and even my snails didn’t quite fill the void of crash diets even one that means to can eat 10 snails for dinner.
Just as I had taken the soko leaves from Abass, and proceeded to wash and slice them, my phone rang...I answered with caution as the number was hidden but it had been calling  for the best part of the day...Yve...
Only one person called me that...”Eno---“I sheepishly replied.
“I’ve been mute for so long...”began. “Do NOT think it’s because I intend letting you go without a fight.” Where did you meet this guy and what made you keep your relationship secret until I was ready to spend the rest of my life with you ruthless b****??! 0-0?
                                                                                                
Like only Heaven knows what, I retorted with Holy and dare I say it, justified anger”...if you were so keen on keeping me you would have at least paid attention to something other than your useless ego instead of picking useless fights and making me detest you with the exact same passion with which you  claim to have loved me. Now that you have lost me why can’t you do us both a favour and take a hike?!?  “Easy for you to say, you are the one who’s now Membu-Oyeyemi, joint-heiress of the largest Law firm on the Continent.  Why would you want me to claim back what was always mine?  You Scheming Temptress. I had just about had it... I was meant to be cooking for my heartthrob not talking to this Imbecile. OK. One year after my engagement to Femi and he deems it fit to appear in my life claiming some shitty rubbish about love??! 1 year Kwanu. Eziokwu  k’o di. #EdonDeyMadt. “pssst  Shurrrrrrip--- I replied in the same way any butter chic that is provoked would...(fonÉ don Kasala be dat) you foolish fellow.  Ole Buruku Oshisco Oshi. Love for what? ME? Or the money I seem to now have to my name? No come here use yahoo sense onTop my head o! I badt pass that mehn. #IDonDIDiT”! *Click* Call Ends. Supper Ready. Now to pick out that Silk Lingerie I know he likes.... #KiittyCaT Stuff... #LoveSTONED

For MR me...*








No comments:

Post a Comment