Saturday, September 3, 2011

When We Are Silent 2

Am I too late?...


Three missed calls, one message. Dawn.  Oyinwa. How her name only brings me joy. She has made me smile these last four years in her service. Thoughts of he make me happy I had another shot at life. I didn't always bear the tag of a multi-talented steward you know?

Every position  in our lives, every place where we choose to start afresh has a story. However, we do not always choose to tell our tale...but like many others, I am unsure of what we fear. Pain? Heartache? Reopening the wounds hurt dealt us? our just bruising our pride? None but providence can tell...



                                                   *****
Ejeta Musa Ibrahim Omiakpo, known to all in my present life, as Musa Ibrahim. Multi-linguist, Infotech Graduate and programmer; Good cook with a knack for being handy. Yeah yeah I know-you are now wondering how in the world I spent the last few years in some Chic's crib as what my mama calls boi-boi right?

2005.
Programmer. InfoLex Legal Solutions. My father's company. Yes, Donatus Onajite Omiakpo is My father. Cleo Asante Tamadon, GH rep, InfoLex. The love I thought I had found. I gave her everything-my heart, my soul, my mind, my will to live and my family's major system hacks-you can trust the one you love right?  WRONG! This scheming Jezebel cleared 5 Nigerian accounts and used my cyberseal to withdraw the cash, then changed ship to my friend and started Sahel media solutions. This left me excommunicated from family -all except mum -bless her. And rather than pursue criminal proceedings with his only heir, Onajite had decided he would only internally terminate my appointment till he retired and
I'd feign leave and move to Lagos. And I had to show him that with a fraction of what I had lived on, and with only the house I had bought here  and one car I had taken from mum to fit my new low key lifestyle I could clinch legitimate cash, live in humility and find true love and not the kind to play cops and robbers with my heart.  I swore never to love again. But you  see,we are all made with the ability to make the worlds of those who love us the most fall down. The question is, can we find the one who through it all you want to stay with...because they are the ones who even when they let us down, will hold us now and always.
Since then, I have lived on minor but overpriced web design, a temperate vegetable patch I own, (Jos has wonderful weather for such) and for four years now, a steward job with a young and beautiful young woman.
                                                   *****
She has a meeting with InfoLex today. One that I have orchestrated. The private jet makes sure she gets to Jos and back in time fot me. I love her and I want to have her work for the firm I will own in a few months when my father officially retires.  I had chosen to do this from the sidelines so I can try wooing her without the fanfare. I want her to love me for me...if that is possible. So far, She is my closest friend. And as she went to Ahmadu Bello University she speaks Hausa fluently...but with her, all I have to do is look into her her eyes or say hello on the phone and she knows the content of my heart. Language is no barrier. I only hope I moved fast enough...or I may lose my diamond in the rough.

We've scheduled dinner at hers for seven. We are cooking. Hope my fear doesn't let me down...

No comments:

Post a Comment